On August 30, 2017, the new St. Joseph Church in the village of Sooranad, India, celebrated its long-awaited dedication with processions, music, colored lights and decorations, and a holy Mass attended by three bishops, 63 priests and roughly 2,500 people who came from different parts of the state of Kerala.
The original St. Joseph Church was erected in 1919. The small structure had fallen to disrepair and could no longer hold the congregation. Construction for the new, larger church was begun in 2013, while the old church was renovated and converted into an Adoration Chapel.
Through the generous support of American donors, building was completed during the summer of 2017. Pastor Fr. Colin Nepolian, SCJ, officially opened the new St. Joseph Church to the public with a ceremonial key. He assures us that the kindness of faith-filled benefactors will be remembered in the prayers of the priests and brothers – and all of St. Joseph parish – at every baptism, wedding and celebration of the Sacraments.
Let the Priests of the Sacred Heart pray for your loved ones and intentions.